Unitech PA500 Soft reset
Resetting the Device
There are three kinds of reset that you can perform on your device when the deviceâ€™s operating system stops responding or the system becomes corrupted. Depending on the situation, a warm boot, clean boot, or cold boot can be performed.
You may have to perform a warm boot if the device freezes (i.e., device no longer responds to the tapping on the screen).
To perform a warm boot:
A warm boot or soft reset allows your device to get a fresh start, similar to rebooting a computer. This
will restart your device and adjust memory allocation. All records and entries are retained after a warm
boot. Unsaved data in open programs may in some cases be lost.
1. Remove the stylus from its holder.
2. Lightly press the tip of the stylus to the Reset button located on the rear of the device.
1. Pull out the stylus.
2. Use the stylus to press the RESET button located at the opening of the stylus compartment. Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
Unitech PA500 hard reset
A clean boot allows your device will do a registry cleanup and reset all the system to the factory default.
To perform a clean boot:
1. Hold down the right and left scanner trigger buttons.
2. While holding down the scanner trigger buttons, gently press the tip of the stylus to the reset button located on the rear of the device.
A cold boot will cut off power to your device. This will erase all records and entries, delete all programs you have added, and restore the device default factory settings. Never perform a cold boot unless a
warm or clean boot does not correct your problem. When you perform your next ActiveSync operation, you can restore any data that you previously synchronized to your computer or you can restore data
that you backed up to a storage card.
NOTE: When you perform a cold boot, the date and time settings are not retained. Formats, preferences, and other settings are restored to their default factory settings.
To perform a cold boot:
1. Hold down the power button.
2. While holding down the power button, gently press the tip of the stylus to the reset button located on the rear of the device.